Ask The Fit Fem: How Do I Tone My Stomach
Posted on 06/18/2012 at 04:03 AM to Ask The Fit Fem
Hey my awesome Fit Fem'rs! Getting in shape is not easy and I know at times you may have questions regarding fitness and nutrition, so I am here to help! Today's question is about that area of the body that we all love to hate….. Yes, I am talking about the belly!
1. Eat whole foods, no processed or sugary foods. Stay away from high glycemic carbohydrates like white pasta, bread and rice.
2. Eat foods that are considered healthy fats (of course in moderation) - salmon, almonds, avocado, coconut water/milk, etc. And take omega supplements--healthy fats decrease inflammation in the body.
3. Drink plenty of water. It will flush out the toxins in the body.
4. Avoid alcohol
5. Get eight hours of sleep. You want interrupted sleep because that activates the growth hormone and moderates leptin in your body. It's really all hormonal, particularly fat around the abdomen.
6. Decrease your stress level both emotional and physical. STRESS is dangerous!!! It's really cortisol (hormones again) causing belly fat and it just throws your body out of wack. Balance your body by balancing your mind. Sounds cheesy, but it's very true.
7. Continue to exercise and don't give up. The key is consistency, over time that part of your body will shrink, I promise. It may take some time (longer than expected) but stick to it.
Your Fit Fem personal trainer and expert in women's only fitness,