Get that Fridge in Shape
Posted on 04/16/2012 at 02:00 AM to
Yes Fit' Fem'rs summer is almost here! Soon you will be wearing those sexy dresses and tank tops. But before we get to enjoy those hot days and warm breezy nights, we have to get through spring first.
We all want to get in shape, but what we eat is crucial in achieving our fitness goals.
During the early months of spring we all clean our homes, our closets and we get rid of things that we no longer want or need (Come on do we really need that designer dress that we have not worn in 10 years? I'm just saying') Well, we need to do some spring cleaning on our refrigerators.
Not only should you scrub down the fridge with some Pine Sol and Fantastic, but you should give it a complete makeover.
Stock that fridge with some healthy "accessories" and get rid of all the junk…. food that is!
So let's make out refrigerators look absolutely fabulous! Check this out!
The Fit Fem's Refrigerator Makeover Rules
1. First scrub down your fridge and make sure it is nice and clean, a dirty fridge can have a negative effect on foods, especially fresh ones.
2. Stack the fridge with water. No soda is allowed in the newly decorated fridge! Its an ungrateful guest and it gives nothing in return.
3. Add a little color to the space. Some reds, greens and yellows! I am talking about veggies and fresh fruits.
4. One thing I hate is a fake sweet talker, so I would not let one in my space. I am talking about candies, juices or any foods with empty calories and artificial sweeteners. If they come ah knocking tell them "Bye Bye!"
5. Add some Greek decorations to your fridge. Greek yogurt is yummy and good for you.
6. Let's go upstairs to the freezer. No frozen dinners are allowed! All that should be in there are fresh meats, frozen veggies and frozen fruits.
So my Fit Fem'rs let's get those refrigerators in total shape today so we can get our bodies in shape tomorrow! Whoop Whoop!
The Fit Fem is available for personal training and conducts kickboxing classes at:
35 17th street, Jericho NY
Mondays at 7 p.m. and Saturdays at 10:30 a.m.
$10/person, $5 if you bring a friend.
Keeping the Fun in Fitness