Go Full Steam Ahead: The Benefits of the Steam Room
Posted on 08/01/2012 at 02:42 AM to Reality Check
OK so picture it, you are at the gym and just finished an awesome butt-kicking Fit Fem class (can I get a Whoop Whoop!).
You then go to the gym locker room to hit the shower and you walk past this little abandoned room. Anytime you walk by, only one or two people are in it. Some people avoid it like the plague, but it's the best thing for ya, especially after a workout!
It's the steam room and using it can benefit you in many many ways. Let's take a look shall we:
The Benefits of the Steam Room
The steam room alleviates stress and tension. A nice steam can relax the body
- It helps the body get rid of toxins due to the perspiration the steam causes
- It helps to improve the respiratory system and the humidity makes it easier to breathe. It can help asthma, Bronchitis and soreness of the throat
- Steaming can help individuals with sinus problems
- It helps insomnia
- It increases the circulation of sore and tight muscles
- Using the steam room can help you lose weight. You can burn more than 500 calories by sitting in the steam room for 30 minutes (But it is recommended to limit your stay to 15 minutes)
So after those intense workouts, get the steaming! Whoop Whoop!
Keeping the fun in fitness!
Your fit fem personal trainer and expert in women's only fitness,