My Wedding Memories
Posted on 08/13/2012 at 03:15 AM to The Fit Fem Adventures
Hey Fit Fem'rs, Happy Monday ya'll!
I wanted to share with you some memories from the literally the happiest day of my life - as cheesy and corny as it sounds - the day I married my best friend. Can't believe it's been almost a month as a married woman.
But before I do that, I have selected not 1 but 3 winners from my birthday raffle. Yes, 3 lucky winners are receiving the "Going to Miami Jumpstart Weight Loss Program". Here is what the program entails -
- The Eating Plan – food combinations and nutritional guidelines
- 5 Day Sample Meal Plan
- 1 Month Workout Calendar
- Order of exercises to do along with visual description
- BONUS: Ongoing newsletters to keep you going
- BONUS: Dedicated Facebook group page to keep you going
- BONUS: Updates on future “Going to Miami B****” programs FREE
- BONUS: Answers to any Q’s you have from me!!!
In case you missed it, I had shot a video on my honeymoon describing the raffle details. You can check it out here: http://www.thefitfem.com/index.php?/blog/article/the_fit_fems_birthday_raffle_-_free_gift
I will be announcing the winners this Thursday, August 16. STAY TUNED FIT FEM'RS!!!!
Ok back to the topic at hand. Reasons why my wedding was DA BOMB!! (In my opinion the best wedding I've ever been too - I can say that, it's my blog!! )
- I got married in the Coptic Orthodox Church, by far a very different, a very traditional, and a very cultural way of getting married. For those who don't know, I am an Egyptian American. The Coptic Orthodox Church is the main Christian Church in Egypt and is one of the oldest churches outside the Holy Land. Unique? Very! No organ music playing and no written vows read; instead Coptic chanting and prayers along with cymbals accompanied the bridal party 's procession and being crowned/robed as King and Queen signifying the blessing of a union and the start of a new "kingdom" - our new family. COOOOL right? Not every day we get to be ROYALTY!
- My wedding was in the running to be aired on TLC's Four Weddings. We auditioned and made it, BUT there seemed to be some production and network delays so our wedding date was cutting too close and it just didn't happen. Either way, how many weddings do you know could have been on the show? That's why Kyle and I are pretty awesome. Ok enough bragging, on to the next reason.
- Kyle and I got a seperate vintage Rolls Royce to take us to our reception venue. So much better than being stuffed like a stuffed sausage in the limo.
- I had like the largest wedding party ever! 11 dudes, 9 chicks, and the cutest most adorable flower girl and ring bearer. And we were a very sexy group at that! Can we say PARTAY!!! My maid of honor is my bestest friend ever - and her speech was freakin' hilarious. She proceeds to tell the whole crowd how I knew Kyle was the one, the moment he farted in front of me. Sorry to embarass you Kyle. Lauren, wifey, you rock! My brother in law and best man, Bobby, had a pretty hilarious speech as well. A total roast on Kyle. I'm sure he coulda done way worse with his speech but he loves me and knows to not to go there, especially with the Egyptians in da house. Aww and my little ring bearer walked out holding a sign saying "Uncle Kyle, here comes the bride". Tell me that's not the cutest thing in the world.
- Our entrance to the reception was a riot! Here's what we did. Our parents walked out to MJ's "Billie Jean", our party walked out to "Whoomp! There it is!" and we, well, we walked out to Jagged Edge "Meet Me at the Alter". At first we did....then we paused, acted like there was some technical difficulty. Then SURPRISE, Bangles "Walk like an Egyptian" comes on and we get escorted into the ballroom by not just 1, but 2, bellydancers. These chicas are amazingly beautiful. Oh and a tablha player - the tablha is the Middle Eastern drum.
- It wasn't over with the belly dancers; they performed some pretty awesome routines. One that stuck out was their performance with candles on their heads. Don't ask how they did it. This link is their promo video.
- My uncle surprised me with a song he wrote called "Sylvia" and performed it for me. He is an Arabic musician; it was so awesome standing next to him while he played his keyboard and rocked the house. Love you Amo Ramy! (Amo means Uncle in Arabic).
- The food was OUTA THIS WORLD, so I hear. As the bride you really don't get the chance to eat. And we had lamb catered it - had to throw that out there because my parents went above and beyond to get this lamb catered. And from what I hear, my Viennese hour was incredible. Cotton Candy machine, all kinds of chocolate fondue, cakes, cannolis, pies, ice cream, crepes, waffles, cookies, you name it. Like a kid in a candy store. I didn't eat any of it Fit Fem'rs, I was too busy dancing ma butt off. And I made sure I did at least 100 pushups and 100 situps in my hotel room on my honey moon. Ya know, to burn off the alcohol I consumed.
- Speaking of dancing, our DJ played hit after hit after hit after hit. Got to play some bongos with our percussionist too. We chose a DJ/MC over a band. Sorry if I offend anyone but I really can't stand bands. It's very hard to find a decent band in my opinion and it's way too pricey. I like to hear the originals of my favorite dance songs and not some cheesy elevator, Frank Sinatra inspired versions of hip hop and pop music. Imagine some older dude singing Lady Gaga then jumps to Van Halen? It just doesn't work. I dunno, that's just me, but whatever makes you happy.
- And the top reason why my wedding was DA BOMB - I celebrated with the people I love the MOST. Cue - AWWWWWWWWWWWWWW. No really! My parents are just two amazing human specimens. I can't even begin to tell you how special they are to me. All of my family and friends who came and who traveled from far, far, far away lands just to be there. Montreal, Canada, DC, Saratoga, Massachussets, Florida, Chicago, North Carolina, holllllla!! And all of those who know just how to have a good time. My wedding was a Sunday, while some left early as expected because they had work the next day, many partied till the last song! Thank you thank you thank you!
Click this link to watch a mini movie my cousin Mary made of some of the wedding highlights - http://animoto.com/play/XYu4VHq2nMVtkUVXu32n5w?utm_content=main_link. Thanks baby girl!
And some more pics, enjoy!!!
Keeping the fun in fitness!
Your fit fem personal trainer and expert in women's only fitness,