Hear me out
The Fit Fem Blog
#tbt - Exercise of the Week: Spider Push-Ups
Alright ladies, it is time to challenge yourself and go outside your comfort zone. This week’s #TBT brings back Spider Pushups! This is an advanced move that will require you to push and not give up. Even if you can only complete one or two pushups it is a success. Just try your best and remember - you got this.
First, set yourself up into your pushup position. We are talking military style pushups – so on your toes, back straight, arms locked and shoulder width apart. When you lower yourself into the pushup you will bring one knee in to reach the outside of your elbow. Once the pushup is complete, bring your leg back to starting position and go again with the other knee.
Pushups help shoulder, chest and back strength – tis the season for tank tops and bathing suits. The additional motion of bringing the knee to the outside of the elbow adds focus on your core and obliques. Take it slow at first – it is a complicated move and requires strength and balance. I know you have it in you. Give it a try and let me know how many you get done.
Show The Fit Fem some love!
- The Fit Fem of the Month - October 2015
- The Fit Fem of the Month - September 2015
- Fit Fem of the Month - August 2015
- Fit Fem of the Month - July 2015
- Fit Fem of the Month - June 2015
- I'm Going to Miami B****!
- Obsessed with Exercise?
- Why Do I Pee When I Jump? The Kegal Solution
- I Threw Out My Yo-Yo: When I Realized That I Was No Longer a Yo-Yo Dieter by Sapphire Lewis
- How to Make Your Salads Healthy