Hear me out
The Fit Fem Blog
The Fit Fem News: The Power of Motivation
The Fit Fem hit the streets to start up a series called The Fit Fem News! The goal was to interview as many women as I could to learn and understand their motivation in working out.
This week I met Sylvia (awesome name..... Ha!) who works out at Bethpage State Park most days. She said that one of the things that motivates her to go out and exercise is the atmosphere, the beauty of the park and nature. She said it helps her stress levels and she feels better.
Today I want to talk about the power of motivation. The ability to stay motivated during a weight loss journey or during everyday life is extremely important. Whether it's a feeling or a specific thing that you are striving for, motivation will get you far.
Here are some ways to stay motivated:
Make a promise to yourself: You promised yourself that you will lose 20 pounds, then do it! When you accomplish the goal you will feel wonderful and will realize that you can do anything that you set your mind to.
Recognize your progress and celebrate it: Don't say, "Yeah I only lost 20 pounds, I have 30 to go." Recognize your accomplishments, don't worry about how far you have to go, think about how far you have come!
Reward Yourself: Lost inches, went to the gym most days of the week? Then treat yourself….and I don't mean with food. Buy a new wardrobe, get a manicure or pedicure, take yourself on vacation! Give yourself your props!
So there you have it my Fit Fem'rs! Motivate yourselves and others in your life! Whoop Whoop!.
Keeping the fun in fitness!
Your fit fem personal trainer and expert in women's only fitness,
Show The Fit Fem some love!
- #TBT - Is Starvation Mode Real??
- J.Lo and the #BeTheGirl Insanity Weight-loss Challenge
- Doctors Ask Columbia University to Fire Dr. Oz Because “He’s Full of Shit”
- Stressed Out and Expecting? Find Out How Pregnancy Stress Affects the Mother and Baby
- How Often Do You Sip?? The Great Coffee Debate
- I'm Going to Miami B****!
- Obsessed with Exercise?
- Why Do I Pee When I Jump? The Kegal Solution
- I Threw Out My Yo-Yo: When I Realized That I Was No Longer a Yo-Yo Dieter by Sapphire Lewis
- How to Make Your Salads Healthy