Hear me out
The Fit Fem Blog
The Fit Fem Spring Fling Workout
Ah, the weather has been glorious this week. It is that middle ground before the summer heat hits and the humidity takes over. So in honor of this spring like weather I have created the Spring Fling Workout.
You can see the original blog post here.
This workout is a total body circuit and includes 5 exercises. You will be focusing on your butt, your core, your back and your shoulders. Here are the counts:
- Cutesy Curtsy (12 reps each) – need to make sure you do 12 on the right and 12 on the left
- Flirty Walkouts (12 reps)
- Fancy Pants (8 reps for each movement for each leg)
- Tricep Tease (12 reps)
- Slim Me Down Core (12 reps)
I gave the exercises some cute names in honor of Spring – hope you enjoy them. Here is a brief description on each but feel free to take a peek at the workout video:
A Cutesy Curtsy is a curtsy squat with a knee raise once standing. The knee raise helps engage your core, adding a standing crunch element to the squat.
For the Flirty Walkout, use your hands to walk out into a plank. Then, drop down onto your elbows and hold a dolphin plank. Lift back into your plank and walk it back up.
The Fancy Pants workout requires you to lie down flat on your back with one leg bent and the other leg straight up in the air. The leg that is held straight up will make small circles (both inside and out) and then followed by a larger set of circles that brings your leg down and around and back up. But you are not done yet! After the circles are completed you will bring your leg up and back down (making sure to flex your foot). Then switch legs and being again.
Tricep Tease is a great workout for the triceps. Lay down on your side, hugging youself basically. One hand will be set palm down on the mat while the other hugs your shoulder. The hand that is on the mat will extend fully, lifting your upper body up and off the ground.
And last but not least, Slim Me Down Core! Sit up nice and straight, toes are flexed and arms are straight in front. You will take one arm and reach behind you, using your core to lower yourself to the floor and then back up to a sitting position. Alternate arms for a set of 12.
This workout takes about 15 minutes. A perfect quick workout for the weekend. And, best of all, it can be done outside! So grab your mat and head outside. Nothing wrong with working out in the fresh air – perhaps you will inspire others to join you.
Show The Fit Fem some love!
- The Fit Fem of the Month - October 2015
- The Fit Fem of the Month - September 2015
- Fit Fem of the Month - August 2015
- Fit Fem of the Month - July 2015
- Fit Fem of the Month - June 2015
- I'm Going to Miami B****!
- Obsessed with Exercise?
- Why Do I Pee When I Jump? The Kegal Solution
- I Threw Out My Yo-Yo: When I Realized That I Was No Longer a Yo-Yo Dieter by Sapphire Lewis
- How to Make Your Salads Healthy