The Weight Loss Mindset
Posted on 11/09/2011 at 01:22 AM to Motivation & Mindset
Hellooo Fit Fem’rs!! Time for some motivation.
Let’s face it, you know that the secret to weight loss is diet and exercise. But we tend to forget that you need to establish the right fitness mindset in order to achieve your weight loss goals. You’ve heard me say this time and time again, but you cannot lose weight without preparing your mind, and spirit for that matter, for what the body is about to endure. This all might sound a little cooky, foofy, wooey (fill in the blank) to you but it’s so necessary. Take my word for it!
Obesity has been acknowledged as one of the leading cause of different health conditions such as heart problems and diabetes. Sure you knew this already but consider this statistic. The World Health Organization recently conducted an evaluation stating that from 50%, the cases of obesity has grown by 20% for this year.What most people are unaware about is the secret of overeating, in most cases overeating people are those that are depressed or have been experiencing life difficulties in varying cases. Emotional eating is no joke, and it’s more common than you think. Emotional eaters attempt to compensate and feed their actual emotional cravings and not there physical hunger. That is the truth; people tend to overeat when they are depressed about certain things in their lives thus resulting to development of obesity as an end result. And that’s just one piece of the pie…
In regards to that fact, the professional clinicians cited ways that will help every individual to prevent rapid weight gain and on how to effectively reprogram individuals mind in order to effectively lose weight is by developing a weight loss mindset. Since losing weight has been one of the most common dilemmas of individuals from various age groups, there are effective ways to develop this weight loss mindset. So it don’t matter how old or young, how big or small you are, or where you come from…develop this weight loss mindset. So what’s the weight loss mindset?
- Develop a positive attitude and outlook in life. Develop a positive approach to both desirable and undesirable events that may take place concerning your weight. If something doesn’t go your way, it’s not worth getting upset over. The shitty situation stays the same and all you’re doing is giving off negative energy that’s not serving you.
- Set up a positive goal. Write that goal down. Strengthen your will for improvement and keep yourself accountable. As soon as you write the goal down, you’ll start taking action steps to get you closer to that weight loss goal.
- Visual your perfect, ideal body. Institute that certainty - see it, believe it, feel it. Without that certainty, you’re basically screwed. Be aggressively certain that you will achieve your weight loss results. And don’t worry about the how…just know like you know like you know… you’ll get there
- Be spiritual. Know there is a higher power (doesn’t matter what religion or philosophy you practice) to guide and support you in your weight loss goal.
- Eliminate thoughts of incapability and limitations. Believing that you can’t do something will lead to that outcome, that you can’t do something. Duh! It’s like doing the opposite of point 3 stated above.
- Surround yourself with positive people. So if your goal is to lose weight and look fabulous, surround yourself with fit and fabulous people who can support you! Do what they do and follow their energy and passion.
Anyone will be able to achieve their goals of losing weight, it’s possible! The mindset cycle is perpetual; it continues and will always continue. You want something bad enough, like weight loss, then work on the weight loss mindset. Simple yet so powerful - reprogram your mind and set up a positive disposition in life.
Keeping the fun in fitness!
Your fit fem personal trainer and expert in women's only fitness,